Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, C# 6 for Programmers applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores Microsoft&;s C# 6 and .NET in depth. Concepts are presented in the context of 170+ fully coded and tested apps, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs, program outputs and hundreds of savvy software-development tips.
Start with an introduction to C# using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including LINQ, asynchronous programming with async and await and more. You&;ll enjoy the treatment of object-oriented programming and an object-oriented design/UML® ATM case study, including a complete C# implementation. When you&;ve mastered the book, you&;ll be ready to start building industrial-strength, object-oriented C# apps.
Paul Deitel and Harvey Deitel are the founders of Deitel & Associates, Inc., the internationally recognized programming languages authoring and corporate training organization. Millions of people worldwide have used Deitel textbooks, professional books, LiveLessons&; video products, e-books, resource centers and REVEL&; interactive multimedia courses with integrated labs and assessment to master major programming languages and platforms, including C#, C++, C, Java&;, Android&; app development, iOS app development, Swift&;, Visual Basic®, Python&; and Internet and web programming.
- Use with Windows® 7, 8 or 10.
- Integrated coverage of new C# 6 functionality: string interpolation, expression-bodied methods and properties, auto-implemented property initializers, getter-only properties, nameof, null-conditional operator, exception filters and more.
- Entertaining and challenging code examples.
- Deep treatment of classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces.
- Generics, LINQ and generic collections; PLINQ (Parallel LINQ) for multicore performance.
- Asynchronous programming with async and await; functional programming with lambdas, delegates and immutability.
- Files; relational database with LINQ to Entities.
- Object-oriented design ATM case study with full code implementation.
- Emphasis on performance and software engineering principles.
- Download code examples
- For Deitel&;s programming training courses, www.deitel.com/training or write to [email protected]
- Join the Deitel social networking communities:
- Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan
- Twitter® at twitter.com/deitel
- LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn
- YouTube&; at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Google+&; at google.com/+DeitelFan