This is a simple introduction to bioinformatics, with a focus on genome analysis, using the R statistics software.
To encourage research into neglected tropical diseases such as leprosy, Chagas disease, trachoma, schistosomiasis etc., most of the examples in this booklet are for analysis of the genomes of the organisms that cause these diseases.
Chapters in this Book:
- How to install R and a Brief Introduction to R
- Neglected Tropical diseases
- DNA Sequence Statistics
- Sequence Databases
- Pairwise Sequence Alignment
- Multiple Alignment and Phylogenetic trees
- Computational Gene-finding
- Comparative Genomics
- Hidden Markov Models
- Answers to the End-of-chapter Exercises
- Answers to Revision Exercises
- Protein-Protein Interaction Graphs